engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  April 2018 News
Thursday 4th
Hinckley AFC 4 - 4 Racing Club Warwick
A Steve Hart hatrick was not quite enough to give Atletico a victory in a match against Warwick that saw AFC come from 2 goals down, to take the lead and then see the Racers drag it back at the end.

AFC got off to the worst possible start being two goals down in the first quarter hour, Hart was caught in possession on the edge of the Warwick area, and a long punt down field saw Trea Bertie race away towards the corner flag then cut a cross back in to the far post where Sean Kavanagh headed into goal completely unmarked. Then almost straight from kick off Bertie was played through the centre and he danced his way through 3 weak tackles before slotting past Carl O'Neill giving Racers the two goal advantage. Luke Cole made his first save for Warwick 20 minutes in when Kai Tonge forced him block his angled drive, before Hart scored the first of his three half way through the half. Hart was played through the right channel and he took the ball around two defenders twisting them into each other, then stepped around the goal keeper and fired into goal. Luke Richards thought he had equalised when Tonge crossed for him to head past Cole, but was ruled out for an offside. Then just after the half hour AFC were level, when another good run on the right by Tonge resulted in another low cross that was touched on to Hart at the back post where he back heeled the ball past the stranded Cole.

Tonge continued to be a threat after the break and was inches wide from a Richards cross, before Hart completed his hatrick and gave AFC the lead 5 minutes into the second half. Again in the right channel Hart switched the ball from each foot quickly fooling his marker then used the space to fire underneath Cole. Then on the hour AFC made it four with Hart having the assist this time, as he took the ball to the line on the left, he chipped the ball back into the centre and Cole failed to collect dropping the ball and Richards taking full advantage scoring from close range. Warwick were not going to let this game go so easily and spent the last 20 minutes applying pressure to the Hinckley goal. Their star player Wade Malley gave them the lifeline with 12 minutes left scoring a superb solo goal cutting in from the right then curling a precise shot around O'Neill into the far corner of the net. Sensing they could get something out of the game, Warwick piled forward and with 3 minutes left Richard Lavery was judged to have fouled Kavanagh just inside the area for which the AFC player manager received his second yellow card and was sent off. Martin Slevin stepped up to take the spot kick, and despite O'Neill getting a hand to the ball, it was too powerful to prevent the ball going into goal, levelling the scores.

click here for: Racing Club Warwick details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top