engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  March 2018 News
Saturday 24th
Hinckley AFC 3 - 2 Pershore Town
Atletico made it 5 consecutive wins, but had to dig deep against Pershore coming back from 2 goals down in the first half, with goals from Luke Richards and James Williams.

As defender Mitchell Tomlinson made his 100th appearance for the club, early on it looked like it was not going to be a game to celebrate it as Pershore were much the better team for large spells of the first half. They took the lead on 10 minutes helped massively by a poor clearance from keeper Carl O'Neill, that fell straight to the feet of Charlie Ntamark and he fired the ball into the empty goal from 30 yards out. Hinckley forced Toby Wilcox to make a save as Jack Sutherland saw his volley palmed away, but Pershore doubled their lead half way through the half. A neat triangle of passes saw Jack Downing played through the right channel and he took the ball into the area and slotted under the advancing O'Neill to make it two. It took over half an hour for AFC to begin to get a grip on the midfield but as half time approached Hinckley began to create more chances. Luke Richards forced Wilcox into a good save from close range, and then he got a goal back for AFC just before the break, seeing a free kick headed on by Steve Hart, Richards controlled the ball holding off his marker then fired past Wilcox.

Having been lacklustre in the first half AFC were anything but that in the second controlling the midfield and dominating possession for large parts. Kai Tonge was played into the area and he forced Wilcox to make a save, and then the equaliser came 5 minutes into the half as a free kick to the near post was headed on by Rich Lavery with James Williams waiting at the far post to head into goal. A minute later and Hart was found by a pin point Josh Burniston pass, but saw his volley crash back off the post and cleared away. From that chance Pershore broke down field and as O'Neill was beaten to the ball by Terence Morton, the Pershore midfielder had an open goal to aim for, yet AFC were saved by a determined Burniston running back to clear off the line. This clearance proved costly for Pershore as minutes on from that AFC took the lead for the first time in the match again a deep free kick to the near post was headed on by Lavery and again at the back post Williams was on hand to prod the ball through the melee of defenders into goal. Hinckley continued to create chances with Hart first firing into the side netting and then firing a shot across goal just wide of the post, before Tonge forced Wilcox to tip over his long range effort. Pershore rained long balls into the Hinckley area in the last quarter to try to get something out of the game but Lavery and Rich Munday snuffed out most attacks, with O'Neill only having to palm away a shot from Alfie Bloomer late on, as Hinckley held on for the 3 points.

click here for: Pershore Town details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top