engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  November 2017 News
Tuesday 14th
Heath Hayes 1 - 4 Hinckley AFC
Another 4 goals for Atletico see them past Hayes, although the win was hard fought and eventually wrapped up with a second half Luke Richards brace.

AFC started with almost the same line up that did so well in the FA Vase game at the weekend, the only difference Kevin Thornton starting in place of the unavailable Marcus Jackson. However it was Hayes that started much the better team, having most of the possession and attacking impetuous as Hinckley struggled to get in the game. Despite their upper hand though Hayes couldn't create any clear cut chances as Ty Belford smothered anything that came near his goal, but it was against the run of play that AFC took the lead on 25 minutes. A long throw from Isaac Cooper was knocked on to Steve Hart at the far post in the goal area with his back to goal, and he controlled the ball with one touch, then turned and volleyed past Mark Wiggins with the second. Hayes tried to respond and Belford was called into action just after the half hour diving full length to tip away a Brad Rollston drive. Hart then saw his goal bound shot beat Wiggins but spectacularly cleared off the line by a covering defender, before James Williams reciprocated by being in the right place for AFC to clear off the line from a Regan Smith close range effort for Hayes.

Hayes did eventually find their equaliser 3 minutes into the second half through their top scorer Smith as he latched onto a right channel through ball and fired into the top corner from just outside the area. This awoke Hinckley from their slumber and began to show their passing form, restoring the lead on 55 minutes, with Isaac Cooper running down the left playing a short ball infield to Luke Richards, taking the ball to the byline past the covering defender then squaring to Jake Healy central to blast in from close range. 15 minutes later the game was put to bed, with 2 well worked quick goals. As Heath Hayes tackling became more 'agricultural', AFC played some great one touch football to move the ball around them, and on 66 minutes Lamar Graham went on a solo run from the half way line down the right wing, running through two late tackles staying on his feet to cross pinpoint to Richards in the centre blasting into the roof of the net. A minute later Healy, who had been on the receiving end of some debatable challenges, got his revenge by timing his pass to Richards perfectly, beating the offside trap, and the AFC striker rounding Wiggins and passing into the goal making it four for Hinckley.

click here for: Heath Hayes details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top