engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  November 2017 News
Saturday 4th
Hinckley AFC 3 - 1 B4668 FC
A second half of domination for Atletico saw a come back from a goal down to easily win against some other local team, with a Steve Hart brace either side of a Josh Willis strike.

With Rich Munday struggling with an injury AFC started with an unfamiliar formation and took some time in the first half to get used to it. This meant Hinckley spent a lot of the first half on the back foot and Tyrell Belford made a number of good saves keeping AFC in the game, notably tipping over a Luke Kingsley-Smith effort. AFC responded when Luke Richards flicked an Isaac Cooper throw goalwards and Will Highland tipped the ball away on the line. Belford had no chance on 25 minutes when a Kingsley-Smith cross to the back post found the unmarked Greg Downes who headed into goal. AFC responded immediately with Steve Hart firing goalwards beating Highland but seeing Jake Holt clear off the line, and then shortly before half time Richards shot came back off the post and Jake Healy blasted in the rebound only to see Callum Rudd spectacularly clear off the line a second time.

Hinckley came out all guns blazing the second half keeping the pressure on, and thanks to the introduction of Kevin Thornton controlled most of the play. Willis headed a free kick just over then Richards couldn't quite get on the end of Hart's low cross, before Highland saved well from a James Williams header. AFC equalised just after the hour as a powering run from Richards saw him brought down inside the area by Callum Earls who was then shown his second yellow card and sent off. Steve Hart took the resulting penalty placing the ball past the reach of Highland. Cooper then saw Highland gather up both of his goal efforts before Hinckley took the lead with 10 minutes remaining. Hart turned defender Josh Unsworth on the left before coming inside and squaring to Josh Willis in the centre who bundled the ball over the line from close range. As the game entered injury time Jake Holt swung in a free kick and Joe Lyne saw his header superbly saved by Belford. With seconds remaining Hart broke free from midfield running into the area past defenders and taking the ball around Highland and firing into goal, the ball crossing the line before Jarred Acton could get back to clear away.

click here for: B4668 details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top