engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  October 2017 News
Saturday 14th
Hinckley AFC 4 - 4 Heath Hayes
Atletico had to settle for a point in a goal fest, where a stubborn Heath Hayes equalised an AFC leading goal four times, as new manager Dale Belford watched from the sidelines.

With goalkeeper Haydn Whitcombe joining the Market Drayton exodus, Rhys Bills formerly of Bedworth United was making his debut and was clearly a little nervous in his opening game. AFC started the better and had a good opening 20 minutes taking the game to Hayes, opening the scoring in the 5th minute when Ryan Baldwin cutin from the left and curled a shot goalwards just clipping the top of a defenders head deflecting out the reach of Tony Allsopp in the Hayes goal. Hinckley couldn't add more goals in this spell of pressure and when Hayes equalised just before the half hour, and excellent finish from former AFC player Brad Rollston, they finished the half much stronger keeping Hinckley pegged back in their own half until half time. However right on the stroke of half time Rich Munday thought he'd given AFC the lead again, from a free kick, but the goal was ruled out for an offside.

AFC did take the lead again 5 minutes into the second half as Luke Edwards cleverly lost his marker then played in Steve Hart who drilled across the keeper into goal. Undeterred Hayes hit back on the hour, this time from a corner where Regan Smith glanced home a near post header. A further 10 minutes and Hart scored the goal of the game, powering towards goal from midfield, looking for a pass to play, he just continued with the ball into the area, slipped round a defender and fired past Allsop, scoring his second goal and giving AFC the lead again. But yet again Heath Hayes hit back, and Bills will be a bit disappointed as he misjudged a bounce on a long ball and Dan Evans was presented with an open goal for a third equaliser. With 10 minutes remaining AFC thought they scored the winning goal when Isaac Cooper floated in a free kick from the left and Rich Lavery powered his header goalwards, beating Allsop with the help of a deflection, though has officially been awarded as an own goal. With minutes left Bills made up for his earlier error by producing a fine reaction save, though he was unlucky as the ball fell at the feet of Adam Weldon who simply tapped into the unguarded goal,leaving the final score 4 each. A game for the neutrals.

click here for: Heath Hayes details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top