engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  April 2017 News
Monday 24th
Chelmsley Town 3 - 6 Hinckley AFC
Atletico secured their highest ever league finishing position, as a Ryan Seal hatrick contributed to a win over Chelmsley, ensuring the second place in the League.

On the 4G pitch at Pack Meadow, Atletico showed some wonderful moves of flowing football, but at the same time were guilty of over indulging and were caught out in defence more than once. After a tight opening spell Hinckley took the lead in the 20th minute with the first real chance of the game, as Agar ran the left channel getting to the byline then cut inside the goal area where everyone expected a cross, but he fired goalwards, deflecting off the keeper into the net, scoring his 50th goal for AFC. Unlike the previous weeks game against Chelmsley, AFC kept the pressure on and the lead was double minutes later when Agar linked well with Sean Williams on the right, and the winger teed up Ryan Seal in the centre of the area 15 yards out to blast into the roof of the net. Chelmsley did respond and cut the deficit after the half hour from a corner when Kaine Williams was not picked up at the far post and headed into goal, leaving Hinckley with a slim lead at half time.

That lead was extended again just minutes into the second half after a superb run by Sean Williams saw him out pace his marker then cut back to Seal in the area, who guided the ball past the keeper with his first touch. However that good work was undone almost immediately when the AFC defence were guilty of too many passes across the back line, and as Chelmsley pressed, passed back to Haydn Whitcombe who mis-kicked, and Alex Knight took full advantage rolling the ball into the unguarded net. Substitute Paul Sullivan was brought on just before the hour, and had an immediate effect on the game, first almost with his first touch, he ran onto a through ball firing at the keeper, but as Stuart Parson parried his effort the ball cam straight back to him, and coolly controlled it with his first touch and rolled the ball into the net with his second. Then not 10 minutes after that he was on the score sheet again, as Javia Roberts did great work on the left chasing the ball to the line then playing in Sullivan inside the area, where he first took the ball past the defender, then again kept a calm head, 'dummied' the keeper and walked the ball into goal scoring Hinckley's fifth of the night. Another 5 minutes later and AFC had six, with Roberts again doing excellent on the left and cutting the ball back inside to Seal to complete his hatrick. With minutes remaining and the game well won, more sloppy passing in the defence left Whitcombe exposed again, and he rushed a kick out but only against George Ford who had the easy task of walking the ball in the net for a Chelmsley consolation. With the 3 points secured, this now means AFC cannot be caught in second place, and will finish the League season in the highest placing yet in the 3 year history of the club.

click here for: Chelmsley Town details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top