engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  April 2017 News
Saturday 15th
Hinckley AFC 1 - 2 Chelmsley Town
A tired and lacklustre Atletico side laboured all game and even taking the lead through Sam Agar, could not prevent Chelmsley from taking all 3 points.

Though early play from Hinckley was not an indication of what was to follow. Starting lively 5 minutes in Paul Sullivan beat his marker to the line and crossed back for Sam Agar to power a header against the bar. Then Sullivan tried a curling effort from a corner, but straight into the hands of James Kelly,before Sullivan again slipped past his marker but his cross shot drifted just past the far post. AFC were ahead on the 20 minute mark, with Sean Williams breaking down the right and cutting back into the area for Agar to control and then pace past Kelly. And then everything changed, almost as if players felt the job had been done. Play became laboured, passes were sloppy, and the defence lost discipline inviting Chelmsley to run at them. Alex Knight capitalised on a poor pass, intercepting and then trying a long range effort that dropped just over the cross bar. Then Steve Sadler again winning the ball off the Hinckley defence forced Haydn Whitcombe into a diving save, before Town equalised right on the stroke of half time, after possession was conceded by another sloppy pass, Chris Gumery ran through the left channel and fired into the top left corner levelling the scores.

AFC were to lose Ryan Paddock at half time to an injury, later found to be a fractured eye socket, but it was Chelmsley who were more motivated for the second half. Karl Douglas was allowed time and space on the edge of the area, but he sliced his shot well wide. Hinckley did respond and Lee Butler played a fine ball low across the area, however Sean Williams could not quite reach to convert. Agar then would hit the crossbar a second time, as he turned neatly and fired goalward beating Kelly but rebounding off the woodwork. Whitcombe then produced a superb double save, first parrying a Douglas power drive, and then as Kaine Williams looked to force the ball into goal the AFC keeper clawed the ball away non the goal line. Whitcombe could do nothing about the second Chelmsley goal with 20 minutes remaining, Williams was again allowed too much time and space and his angled drive found the net giving Town the lead. Even this didn't spark Hinckley into life and Chelmsley were happy to defend their lead in numbers without AFC creating any more clear cut goal chances.

click here for: Chelmsley Town details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top