engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  February 2017 News
Saturday 25th
Hinckley AFC 6 - 2 Uttoxeter Town
Sam Agar's 8 minute first half hatrick kick started Atletico to an eventual second 6 goal haul against Uttoxeter this season, having already won the away game 1-6.

The starting line had three defensive changes from midweek, with both full backs rested, replaced by Jordan Perks and Chad Degville-Cross, whilst Ryan Paddock returned to centre back. In a tight first 25 minutes both sides had possession but neither created many chances. For Uttoxeter Jake Lovatt's shot was saved by Haydn Whitcombe and then cleared by Jamal Clarke, for AFC a Lee Butler free kick was held by Mick Allen, before Whitcombe made an excellent diving save from Tom Morgan's long range effort. AFC finally took the lead on the half hour which kick started a flood of goals. Degville-Cross played in Agar on the left edge of the penalty area, and the Hinckley forward evaded two challenges before curling the ball around a third defender and out of the reach of Allen in the Uttoxeter goal. 5 minutes later a poor defensive header from Dominic Ward fell to Sean Williams who timed his pass to Agar perfectly beating the Uttoxeter off side trap and Agar slotted under Allen to double the lead. Agar then completed his quick fire hatrick minutes later with the Uttoxeter defence again more concerned about an off side trap, Seal timed his pass to perfection and Agar was one on one with Allen blasting past the keeper taking a three goal lead. AFC were frustrated 5 minutes before half time as Jake Lovatt ran into the left side of the area and was brought down by Mark Williams resulting in a penalty, however the referee decided to show Whitcombe a yellow card for the offense, and the AFC keeper would feel double injustice as Lovatt took the penalty which hit the post and then hit Whitcombe back to deflect into the goal. Though the 3 goal was restored immediately from kick off with Perks overlapping running down the right side crossing central to Sean Williams who out jumped his defender and headed into the goal giving Atletico a 4-1 half time lead.

Within 5 minutes of the second half Hinckley had their 5th goal, on his 50th appearance for the club Lee Butler place a free kick into the centre of the area where Mark Williams guided the ball past Allen. Uttoxeter came back into the game at this point as AFC took the 'foot off the gas'. Jake Lovatt chipped Whitcombe but Mark Williams was on hand to clear, before Whitcombe and Lovatt came together in the penalty area and another spot kick was awarded. Whitcombe dived the right way but Jake Lovatt scored his second penalty of the match. Despite not creating a glut of chances during the second half it would be AFC that had the last word in this match as in the last minutes Seal ran onto a through ball with the Uttoxeter defense static still trying to play an offside trap, and the Hinckley captain beat Allen to score the sixth goal for AFC.

click here for: Uttoxeter Town match details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top