engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  February 2017 News
Tuesday 14th
Hinckley AFC 3 - 2 Heath Hayes
No comeback this season for Heath Hayes as goals from Darious Darkin, Ryan Paddock and Ryan Seal ensure Atletico carry on their February winning run into the third game.

The 3 points looked a long way off for the first 20 minutes as Hayes started much the better side and pressed Hinckley, winning the midfield battle. Their greatest threat was coming from Brad Rolston on the right wing, and it was no surprise when he gave Hayes the lead on the quarter hour. Some sloppy defending left Ryan Paddock struggling to defend a cross field ball and Horton capitalised racing onto the ball and going one on one with Haydn Whitcombe slotting past the Hinckley keeper. 5 minutes later Rolston again was presented with a great chance to double the lead but didn't connect properly with the ball in the goal area. Eventually Hinckley began to put some moves together and create chances, as Darkin played in Sam Agar in the right channel, and helost his marker with a clever turn and fired goalwards only to see Mark Wiggins make a great save at his near post. Then Agar again was through in the same position but his deft chip just cleared the top of the cross bar. The equaliser came for AFC just after the half hour when Andy Westwood crossed in from the left and Wiggins could only palm the ball away, straight to the feet of Darkin, who fired goalwards past Wiggins and just past Chris Horton on the line. Hinckley continued to press and created more chances eventually taking the lead just before half time, when a free kick wide right was played central to the area where Paddock lined up to score a regulation header.

After the break, Hinckley had broken their malaise and were much the better team, and Wiggins was the busier of the keepers. James Williams overlapped on the right and fed Sean Williams into the area, who controlled and then flicked the ball goal ward but just drifted wide. Then Williams again was played into the area by Westwood only to see his shot parried by Wiggins, before Darkin and Seal combined well on the edge of the area, the latter shooting goalwards, and again Wiggins parried the ball away, but only as far as Agar who fired the ball back goalwards beyond the stranded Wiggins, however Harry Scott was back on the goaline to head away the chance. Agar was having a blinder of second half almost running through the left channel into the area at will. Sean Williams turned provider and Agar got to the line crossing across the face of goal, but no one was quick enough to capitalise. Agar again crossed from the left and the ball was hacked away by Scott, before a carbon copy move saw Agar again cross low into the area, but didn't have the power to reach Seal at the far post. Finally with 10 minutes remaining the Agar and Seal combination got it right, as Westwood played in Agar, again through the left channel, who's cross was perfectly weighted for Seal at the far post to tap into the net, making the lead 3-1. Hayes never gave up though, and mounted a final push to get something out of the game, almost on full time Rolston, who had been quiet up to this point in the second half made a run down the right and into the area where he was bundled over and the ref awarded the penalty. With virtually the last kick of the game Luke Holmes fired the spot kick into the top right corner of the net, getting a consolation for Heath Hayes.

click here for: Heath Hayes match details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top