engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  November 2016 News
Saturday 19th
Lichfield City 0 - 4 Hinckley AFC
A comprehensive performance start to finish saw Atletico see off Lichfield, and in the process leapfrog City into the fourth place league spot.

Another defencive reshuffle due to unavailability saw Jack Farmer making his League AFC debut in the centre of defence alongside Jamal Clarke, and with Sam Agar still injured the Javia Roberts and Paul Sullivan strike duo continued. And it was great work by Sullivan that led to the opening goal in the first minute, winning the ball back from a defender close to the goal line and cutting back inside teeing up Ryan Seal, who finished from 10 yards out. A sluggish looking Lichfield struggled to get into the game on their own pitch and James Lawson would find himself very busy in the City goal. Roberts saw his shot drift wide before Sullivan forced Lawson to save low to his right. Lawson then parried another Sullivan effort, with Pete Williams following up only to see his effort curl wide. Lawson then 'fell' on top of a Roberts shot, and did well to hold onto a Pete Williams drive that took a deflection. Sullivan had the ball in the net on the half hour, but was judged offside after a one two with Seal. It wasn't all Hinckley but Lichfield took over half an hour to muster their first effort and when it came Haydn Whitcombe saved comfortably from Josh Haston. Then minutes later, AFC had double the lead, when Lee Thomas cut inside from the left wing, and played Sullivan through the left channel into the area and he placed his shot wide of Lawson into the net, giving AFC a two goal lead at half time.

Lichfield still seemed to be shell shocked when they came out for the second half and there was no let up from AFC. The game was pretty much over 10 minutes into the half with a superb overlapping run from Thomas on the left crossing low and hard into the goal area with Joe Clarke unable to stop the cross, and deflecting the ball into his own net. Facing a big defeat stung Lichfield into action and Whitcombe was called upon to make a few saves, a couple of long range efforts from Liam Holt and then he got down low to save from Matt Tolley. Just as Lichfield looked to get back into the game AFC hit them with a sucker punch after the hour, as Pete Williams broke with the ball in midfield then lifted the ball into the area where Seal glanced his header past Lawson scoring his second and Hinckley's fourth. With Lichfield now dejected there were few real chances in the last 20 minutes and AFC saw out the game for a clean sheet.

click here for: Lichfield City match details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top