engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  October 2015 News
Saturday 24th
Hinckley AFC 3 - 4 Heath Hayes
A second half capitulation saw Atletico throw away a half time 3-0 lead, losing the match to four second half goals from Daniel Scragg for Heath Hayes.

AFC had worked hard to build a commanding 3-0 lead against one of the best defences in the league. On the quarter hour Kristian Ramsey-Dickson weighted a perfect pass for Marco Adaggio to race clear of the Hayes back line and then square unselfishly to Ryan Seal in the centre to side foot into the net. On the half hour a neat triangle of passes saw Seal the provider to Luke Richards to shoot across goal from 10 yards out and make it 2-0. Then almost straight away Seal again provided the through ball to Adaggio who was bundled over in the area, and stepped up himself to score from the spot. Adaggio thought he had added a fourth just before half time when he beat the keeper the ball and flicked into goal, only to be flagged for offside, leaving the half time score 3-0.

After the break it was a complete different story. AFC just lost all defencive cohesion and discipline. On the hour Scragg had the ball at distance and instead of closing him down the AFC defence opened up for him and his long shot beat Tom Cross giving Hayes a lifeline. Despite playing awful in the second half, Hinckley had somehow managed to get towards the end of the game without conceding another, that is until a final 10 minutes when shape and discipline was nowhere. With just 7 minutes left Hayes were awarded a penalty and Scragg converted from the spot and his team were visibly lifted with the impetuous. Instead of shutting up shop and seeing the game out, AFC continued to squander possession and almost right on time a through ball for Scragg saw him covered by a defender, but his specualtive shot deflected off the defender and looped over Cross equalising the scores. The sucker punch came in time added on, instead of making sure of at least a point, AFC were again caught in possession and Scragg took the ball away and the exposed Cross had no chance of stopping his fourth goal, and Hinckley had thrown away all 3 points

click here for: Heath Hayes match details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top