engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  April 2015 News
Tuesday 28th
Bardon Hill Sports 1 - 0 Hinckley AFC
A single first half goal for Bardon Hill ended Atletico's 27 match unbeaten run as AFC finished as runners up in the Leicestershire Senior Cup.

It was certainly not the spectacle expected from the two highest placed clubs in the competition with the first half being really scrappy, short on goal mouth action and the ball being in the air rather too much than was entertaining. For Hinckley, Dominic Smith headed over from a corner, and Luke Richards got into a great position but was too tight an angle to get his cut back on target. For Bardon, Richard Hanslow forced Sam Arnold into a good save, before Andy Fell gave them the lead in what AFC would view as a poor decision from the ref. With Danny Kavanagh looking to shepherd the ball out for a goal kick, a corner was somehow awarded, and from that corner Fell headed into goal. Minutes later, on the half hour, and Hinckley then lost Richards to an injury, being replaced by Justin Nisbett.

The second half was definitely more like the Atletico of current form. Marco Adaggio headed Tyrone Clarke-O’Connell's cross back across keeper Chris Martin heading for the net, but the Bardon stopper somehow reached to tip the ball around the post. Martin then denied Nathan Walker, before Hinckley felt aggreived not to have a penalty. Adaggio ran into the area but was brought down just before he was about to shoot, the ball ran to Clarke-O’Connell who then did well to get into a shooting position only to be denied by another great save from Martin. With no foul given, injury was added to insult when Clarke-O’Connell was forced off having injured himself when shooting. Isaac Cooper then had another penalty appeal turned down, when he ran in the area and looked to cross only for Ryan Walker to clearly 'scoop' the ball away with his hand, though did so on the blind side of the ref who couldn't see the hand ball. With the game approaching the last minutes JJ Melligan did well to win and control the ball only for his cross to be headed just over by Adaggio. Nisbett played in Rob Millington who couldn't keep his shot down then in the final moments Cooper's long throw caused chaos in the Bardon goal area and as Melligan followed in his shot was blocked on the line and was cleared to safety by Bardon, who held on to the final whistle.

click here for: Bardon Hill match details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top