engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  March 2015 News
Saturday 14th
Independiente AFC 2 - 2 Racing Club
An injury time equaliser for Warwick prevented Atletico from recording their eighth straight victory, but the unbeaten run goes on to 22 games and opens up a 4 point gap at the top of the table.

Luke Richards returned to the side and proved to a handful for Racing Club all afternoon, early on he was through on goal, but his shot was into the arms of Ryan Bennett. Warwick then took an early lead, when Hinckley's defence failed to clear their lines and Joaquim Santos de Barros forced the ball past Sam Arnold. Atletico responded, first with Richards crossing low to Adaggio who guided the ball past Bennett but only to see it cleared off the line, then second with Dominic Smith heading just over from a corner. The equaliser came 10 minutes from half time when Ross Clark played in Richards who took the ball wide, but then fired across the keeper into the far corner of the net. And it could've been two just before half time as the Warwick goal led a charmed life, Richards put the ball into the area again and JJ Melligan saw his shot go past Bennett, but again cleared off the line, and drop straight at the feet of Michael Healy who blasted goalwards only to see Bennett recover from the first shot and superbly save at point blank range.

The second half continued in the same way, Richards was one on one and Bennett saved again, before Clarke put a through ball to Adaggio on the edge of the goal area, only for his first touch to let him down and Bennett mothered the ball. In a rare chance for Warwick, Santos de Barros was in on goal, but Alex Morris recovered well with a tackle to thwart the Racing forward. On 70 minutes Richards used his strength to ride two tackle on the left and when looking to be in on goal was 'literally' rugby tackled by Tom Reynolds. Even though Reynolds was the last defender, the ref deemed it was far enough left to not be a 'clear goal scoring opportunity' and the Warwick man was relieved to see only a yellow card for the offence. Minutes later and Atletico were finally in front, Adaggio who had been unlucky in front of goal all afternoon unleashed a long range effort that flew past Bennett and rebounded off the inside of the post, with Bennett prone, Melligan raced in a tapped the ball into the empty net. With minutes remaining Adaggio could've sealed the points, but as Nisbett crossed into the area, Adaggio couldn't quite guide the ball the right side of the post. And to add insult to that Warwick broke away in injury time and in a goal mouth melee James Corrgian got a touch to the ball 8 yards out and saw it tamely roll out of the reach of Arnold and into the net levelling the scores.

click here for: Racing Club Warwick match details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top