engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  November 2014 News
Tuesday 18th
Hinckley AFC 2 - 2 Lichfield City
Hinckley's unbeaten league run was extended to five matches with this home draw against Lichfield City, even more of a bonus considering with regular goalkeeper Sam Arnold unavailable midfielder JJ Melligan played the match in goal.

Melligan was well protected by his defence, but it was by no means a defencive game for Atletico as right from the kick off they pushed on Lichfield and the game was very open. Luke Richards almost gaveAFC a first minute lead, but Jon Clough was alert to tip over the bar. 5 minutes later, Matt Gardner was through on the left of the area and his chip dropped over Clough, but rebounded off the bar and was cleared to safety, before Isaac Cooper tested Clough from long range and John Clapp headed over from a corner. Surprisingly Lichfield had a lot of possesion, but didn't really create any chances first half, with the stand in goal keeper not having to make any saves, merely pick up a few crosses and deal with a coupe of back passes.

After half time it was a different story, with Lichfield coming forward a little more, however when they took the lead it was a gift on a plate for them. 8 minutes into teh half, James Tindall on as a substitute for the injured Richards, played a poor back pass into the path of Mark Rose, who beat Melligan when one on one. The lead lasted only minutes, as Tindall made up for his error, crossing in from the right, for Dominic Smith to flick on to the far post, where Marco Adaggio headed in the equaliser. Rob Millington then caught Clough off his line again, and his chip nearly caught him off guard, but Clough recovered to hold the ball by his fingertips. AFC then took the lead with 20 minutes remaining, Cooper played in a free kick from the right and Smith headed past Clough from 5 yards out. However, Atletico's lead also only lasted for minutes, as a high speculative ball into the area dropped and hit the cross bar, causing a goal mouth melee from which Lewis Hayden blasted the ball into the net. The final 15 minutes didn't create any real chances, and Hinckley's unbeaten run stretched to five games with this 2-2 draw.

click here for: Lichfield City match details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top