engine powered by FreeFind.com

message board

a-z club guide

miners welfare park

matthew gadsby
memorial page

site map

link for the hinckley afc official website
  September 2014 News
Saturday 6th
Tipton Town 2 - 1 Hinckley AFC
Atletico were knocked out of the FA Vase at the first attempt by Tipton Town, thanks mainly to a lacklustre performance and some comedy defending.

Despite Tipton having lost their manager the previous week, and gone through a mass player exodus they started much the better team and had AFC on the back foot for most of the first half. Hinckley took a long while to settle in to the match and Town took advantage opening the scoring in the 8th minute, thanks to some comedy defending. A pack pass was played straight to the feet of a Tipton player and he was one on one with Sam Arnold, who made an excellent reaction save. However two attempts to clear the ball were missed and as it was crossed back in, a header back to Arnold cleared the keeper and the Tipton striker ran onto the ball and tapped into the empty net. Still Hinckley couldn't get any kind of grip on the game, and Tipton we're doing all the attacking. They doubled their lead on the half hour from a corner when the ball was played to the near post and a deflection took the ball into the net past the defender on the line. Only now did AFC wake up and begin to play any kind of football, getting a goal back just before half time, helped by some comedy defending on Tipton's behalf. Justin Nisbett made good run on the right, moving inside to the edge of the area, firing a shot which was parried by the keeper. Luke Richards pounced on the loose ball shooting at goal which was blocked by the defenders on the line, and they both then tried to clear the ball, but both miss kicked and Mark Bellingham ran in and blasted the ball into the net from 2 yards out.

The second half was pretty much a non event. Hinckley still struggled to create any chances and Tipton were content to concede possession and pack the final third with numbers smothering any attack Hinckley could muster. It wasn't until the final 15 minutes when James Tindall, and Tyrone Clark-O'Connell were both substituted on that Hinckley began to look threatening, but by then it was too late. Hinckley threw everything forward in the last moments, and Richards had a great header that looked destined for the net, but the keeper pulled out an equally great save tipping the ball over the bar, and then from the corner with Hinckley having everyone forward Tipton broke away and nearly scored a third, Arnold grateful to see the ball come back off the base of the post. That was the last 'action' of the match and AFC's FA Vase adventure ended at the first hurdle.

click here for: Tipton Town match details

> return to current news

> return to news archive

  return to top